From: Circusnuts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Raul Fernandez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; 'Cisco group study' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sunday, November 12, 2000 9:23 AM
Subject: Re: Question about eigrp

Hmmm- a couple things you have described don't seem EIGRP-like.  The network @ the office is EIGRP & stubs are usually set as passive or not set EIGRP @ all.  In both cases they're alive & can transmit thought the network, but only "a little help from their friend" (their directly connected neighbor).  Now- the stub command may be needed when multiple connection run to a dead end or solo router (I have never had this issue).  With a default gateway, this surprises me...  EIGRP would not be doing it's job of discovering of a successor or feasible, with static commands.  Changing path cost I have seen, but default- anything I don't recommend.  If your network is small, this may not be issues.  My job deals with over 1300 EIGRP routers & we have to follow EIGRP to the letter or it things go crazy (which happens anyway from time to time :-)  If you ever get a chance, pick up EIGRP Network Design Solutions (Cisco Press).  As for the 12.7T, what model of router ???  We have been sooo leery with the 12.0's, especially in the 7500 series (when it comes to EIGRP).  I could check a few devices, but I can tell you DES, LANE, & EIGRP do not exist well beyond 11.2 (22a)...

Let me know, I actually get to talk from some experience here :-)

Good Luck !!!
Phil