That's a fair price.  You can find a better price on e-bay.  I would suggest
getting a 2507 if you can find one.  It has the same functionallity in
additional to a built-in HUB.  If you find them they will go for about
$590-$650.  You tend to pay a premium on 2501's.  You can alway find 2502,
2504 (both token ring) 250x for a lot less and you really are not
sacrifacing much if anything.

Hope this helps.

Keith