ebgp multihop has nothing to do with load balancing traffic to and from the
Internet, but it has everything to do with load balancing the the bgp
connection and update itself.

If you have two parallel connections to the same router at your ISP and you
configure two neighbor statements to the ebgp peer router on the connected
networks you'll transfer the bgp table twice, once on each link.  Possibly
many megs of wasted bandwidth.

If you configure one neighbor statement sourced from a loopback in your
router going to a loopback interface on the ISP router, you'll have to have
ebgp-multihop configured too, otherwise it won't work.  Then turn off route
caching and the bgp table will be sent only once and will be load balanced
accross the two T1's.  If one T1 dies, your still in business....

Rodgers Moore

""Chuck Larrieu"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
00d401c04eb9$b6c5b360$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:00d401c04eb9$b6c5b360$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> EBGP multihop has nothing to do with load balancing.
>
> As for using BGP to control incoming traffic from your ISP, I would say
> there is no simple answer here. You will need to do a lot of reading and
> thinking.
>
> Basssam Halabi, Internet Routing Architectures, is a good place to start.
> www.nanog.org  is another.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Chuck

Andy