IS-IS is a routing (routeing really) protocol that can provide routing services for
both CLNP (the network protocol in CLNS's network service) as well as for IP.  Hence,
although you may not be required to setup and route CLNP, it may be that you have to
setup IS-IS to route IP (which involves a little CLNP)

However, I would read it and learn it anyway.  If you have a solid grasp on OSPF, you
won't find it a challenge to pick up.  Furthermore, by contrasting the two you may
enhance your knowledge of both.  Finally, I assume you want to work after you pass the
test and it is not all that unlikely that you will encounter IS-IS at some point.

Pete