Hi,
I was going through the groupstudy archives the other day and I found an
interesting string on why the local interfaces on a router cannot be pinged
in a frame-relay environment. The argument was that since there is no
mapping between the ip address and DLCI on the directly attached serial
interface of the router you won't get a reply if you ping it. I found out
that I could ping the local interfaces of routers on our frame-relay
network. Am I missing something here. Can some clear this up for me.
Thanks
JZ