From: Peter Van Oene [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 12:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Need info on VPN.

this rfc pertains to service provider vpn's leveraging mpls/bgp implementations.  Its likely a fairly complex topic for those who are interested in a general understanding of the "vpn" concept.  I will personally suggest that vpn is one of the more overused and ambiguous terms floating around these days "thank you multi million dollar marketing machines".

I would suggest picking up a basic book on vpns and focusing on various encryption/authentication methods.  Spending some time on the IPSec suite might prove beneficial.

I would also suggest that in the time it took to ask the question, a search on any internet search engine would likely have delivered countless resources :)

Pete