Chris Larson wrote:
> And did not sign any agreements or NDA's saying that I would not sell trade
> or give them away. The material is copyrighted so I could not copy it but as
> for a trade or sale................?????

Actually you could over here (see www.cla.co.uk ).  There must be
something similar in the states.  Over here you are able to copy up to a
third of a book or one chapter for research/educational purposes.  The
CLA (Copyright Licensing Agency) publishes a leaflet that goes into the
legal usage.  When I was at Uni. we used this when there were shortages
of text books.  Get into groups of three and photocopy a third each.
The lecturers actually relied on it - we were given photocopied chapters
of books to study from when we only needed a single chapter in a book.
Also we got photocopied magazine articles through this.  There were
however big formal legal documents from the CLA hanging on all the
photocopiers in the library, I know it cant be used for commercial
purposes, and Im not sure whether the institution has to register with
the CLA, but there you go - it might be worth people on the list joining
a local college or something, especially if you form a local group of
three and swap the thirds around.

Check the CLA documents though - Im not at uni any more (graduated on
friday :) so it might be different and Im not sure whether courseware
like this would be eligible.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   Lauren Child, BSc. CCNP-ATM & CCDP Certified
http://www.laurenchild.net/  http://www.routerfaq.net/