Andre,

A quick search on CCO reveals this link.

Brad Steinman

----- Original Message -----
Newsgroups: groupstudy.cisco
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2000 1:13 PM
Subject: BGP as-path access-lists

Hello,

I have been recently placed in the awkward position of making some changes to our BGP configuration.  The problem is that I understand how bgp works for the main part, but I don't have any information on the meaning of the symbols used in the following as-path access-lists (^, $, _, ., +, (), *).  Could someone tell me what each of them mean?  Could someone also point me to a Cisco page that explains them in detail?  I have been searching and cannot find anything except examples that include these symbols.  Unfortuneately these examples have not helped my understanding.  I have a good idea as to what they probably mean, but I need to know their exact meaning.  It is difficult to manage something you don't have a clear understanding of!

ip as-path access-list 1 permit  ^$
ip as-path access-list 4 permit  ^(_6774) +$
ip as-path access-list 10 permit  .*5413$
ip as-path access-list 6 permit  ^ (_3414) + (_2423) +$

HELP!!!
Andre