> Isn't there a command to suppress the annoying "00:01:35: %
SYS-5-CONFIG_i: Configured from console by console" line and
dramatic pause every time you exit the config term?  I was so
happy to learn the "no ip domain-lookup" command to suppress
the pause every time you mistype a command, but this one still
stumps me.  You help is appreciated.  Thanks...<

I believe the command you are seeking is actually "logging
synchronous".  Here's a quick snippet on how to configure it
and how it works.  First, without logging synchronous you have
this(I apologize up front for any word wrap):

cisco804(config)#^Z
cisco804#
16w4d: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by consolesh
aliases
Exec mode aliases:
  h                     help
  lo                    logout
  p                     ping
  r                     resume
  s                     show
  u                     undebug
  un                    undebug
  w                     where

cisco804#

Note that the command "sh aliases" appears immediately after
the "Configured from console by console" message on the same
line.  Sometimes the command you typed will wrap to the next
line.   Here is how to turn on logging synchronous:

cisco804#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
cisco804(config)#lin con 0
cisco804(config-line)#logg syn
cisco804(config-line)#^Z
cisco804#

Now watch how the same command looks when one of two scenarios
come up.  The first is when I start typing the command I want
as soon as I get to priviledged mode:

cisco804#sh ali
16w4d: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by console
cisco804#sh aliases
Exec mode aliases:
  h                     help
  lo                    logout
  p                     ping
  r                     resume
  s                     show
  u                     undebug
  un                    undebug
  w                     where

cisco804#

Notice that I started typing the command, "sh aliases", I was
interrupted by a console logging message.  As soon as the log
message was over, it *immediately put me back where I was
typing and allowed me to finish my command.  Here is the same
command under a slightly different set of parameters.  This
time, I pause before typing the command:

cisco804(config)#^Z
cisco804#
16w4d: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by console
cisco804#sh aliases
Exec mode aliases:
  h                     help
  lo                    logout
  p                     ping
  r                     resume
  s                     show
  u                     undebug
  un                    undebug
  w                     where

cisco804#

Notice that my entire command appears on the next line (not
after the word console as before).  Finally, one last point on
the use of the command "no logging console" to accomplish this
objective.  It is true that "no logging console" will stop
those annoying console messages that keep interrupting you when
you are working.  In addiition, they will also stop these
annoying messages as well:

cisco804#16w4d: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: core meltdown expected in 10
seconds.  Eject the core or realign the phase converters:-)

In all seriousness, don't expect any logging to work at the
console when using that method, including access list
violations, reboot warnings, etc.

HTH,

Paul Werner