BSCN/Routing 2.0 Test QuestionI've only been doing the pure networking side
(not desktop or servers these days, just pure routers and firewalls) for the
last year.  I'd say I've seen at least 3 sites that had problems due to
subnetting misconfigurations (or would have, if I hadn't spotted it).  One
such problem was with PacBell and a block of IPs that went 2 above the
actual subnet range.  It happens, but if you don't know it you'll never spot
it unless you're constantly plugging it into your subnet calculator.  In the
PacBell case, I spotted it right away as a /27 only gives you 30 usable
addresses, and they listed 32 (and no, not just the network - broadcast
range, but the first usable host to that last usable host, plus 2).

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNA, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+