Actually, that's not 100% true.  I don't know all the reasoning behind it,
and perhaps a Cisco switch can be told to forward CDP, but in 2 cases just
today I saw that CDP info did not make it through Cisco CATs (I could see
the CAT, but not the other routers connected to it, even though we were on
the same subnet).  For non-CDP aware switches, your statement is true of
course.

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNA, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+