There's a 4MB DRAM SIMM on my 2501.

In a previous e-mail (8/27 by John Hardman) I read that almost any 72 pin
SIMM's would work as DRAM SIMM's, but no matter which of the about 10 I have
lying around works correctly; They all say 1024 Kbytes of main memory when I
boot up, even though they vary from 8 to 16 MB.

I have been searching for information about this on the Cisco site, but
can't really get the facts that I am looking for.

FYI, my Boot ROM's are:

        MX B9536
        08-0034-01
        FW1 10.2(5)
        28058A

        MX B9536
        08-0035-01
        FW2 10.2(5)
        28057A

Would I need to upgrade them before the SIMM's would work?

Also, if anyone know of a place where DRAM and Flash SIMM's can be purchased
for a good price, please let me know.

Thanks for any comments on this,

Ole

 Ole Drews Jensen