Hello,

I am a little late on this one, but is R1E2 and R2E2 on the same Lan?
(10.2.0.0).
If so any device on that lan with the correct IP will be able to ping any
other device with the correct IP. I think a simple ARP will allow that. No
Router needed for the ping to succeed.

Even if I have missed the gist of the story, please don't stop. I love this
OSPF stuff. And the next time I will read all 400 of my emails before I jump
in.

Winston.