Hi all,

I might start to show my real age hear.

Back in the good ole days before any of this fancy stuff.  Packets, frames etc.  If a
terminal produced text such as backward question marks and rubbish characters you
would tend to look for a parity issue and/or the stop bits.  In this case the N for no
parity and the 2 being stop bits.  Normally the Cisco stuff use 1 stop bit.  If you
had no comms you might look for the speed (9600).

If half way through a line or page it change modes you would tend to look at the bits
(8).  This usually only occured in 7 bit stuff where going to the upper character set
128 being the eighth bit changed the screen stuff.

Ole Teunis,
Hobart, Tasmania
Australia

www.tasmail.com