I'm not sure if its conventional wisdom, but I would
recommend that, based on my experience, there is
little reason to use LANE, especially in a WAN
setting. Layer 3 PVCs would provide a better solution.
I would also note that most customers and vendors are
leaving LANE in favor of other technologies.

--- Tony van Ree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mak,
>
> We use a bit of LANE.  When going from one part of
> the state to another on ATM we can use VLAN's/ELAN's
> and get the data across high speed links making the
> sites appear as if they are in the one LAN.
>
> Teunis,
> Hobart, Tasmania
> Hobart
>

> On Friday, December 01, 2000 at 12:27:19 AM, mak
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > It seems that LANE does not have much advantage.
> >
> > In what situation I need to / is better to use
> LANE?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Regards,
> > mak