Instead of using boot net, why not have them do a 'config net' and choose the file
from the
server they want.

If the config is so screwed up you can't do that. An alternative would be to connect a
PC to
the console port, do a wri erase, then copy and paste the config they want from a text
file.

I use the above method in a lab at work.  I save my config files, and can reload them
for
whatever testing I want to do.