Hello:

An interviewer asked me what happens if you have two paths to a Router, both
using OC-3, and routing protocols is OSPF.

I said that OSPF is a link state protocol and its metric is "Cost", which is
10^8/Bandwidth. Load balance is enabled by default on OSPF, so packets will
be load balanced "per destination" (it should be configured if 'per packet'
is required).

The guy then told me that I should take "Congestion" into consideration.

How can this be ? I know that EIGRP or IGRP may be configured to use Load as
a metric, thus congestion would be take into account. I couldn't find any
documentation showing that OSPF takes congestion as a metric.

Please let me know if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Billy Monroe
CCNA, Compaq ASE