You can put it in either place, but I would put it
behind the PIX.  You can create a conduit for it
and only allow it to use port 53 (tcp and udp).

I hope you have more than one dns server.  And if
you don't already use the split dns concept, I'd
give that some serious thought.

kelly

Quoting Austin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
   We have our own Web Server with a legal ip address which is NAT'd (is that a
   word?) from our LAN to the outside?
   Where do I put the DNS Server? Behind the PIX on the LAN (inside interface)
   or the outside interface?