I have a Route 4000  connected thru Frame-Relay to 2524 with a T1 card.
The 2524 router has IOS 11.0(6).

When I run show service-mod from 2524, i get an excessive number of line
code violation. I talked to a PacBell support, and confirmed that T1 line
is OK.

Router#sho service-mod
Module type is T1/fractional
    Hardware revision is B, Software revision is 1.2 ,
    Image checksum is 0x2162E11, Protocol revision is 1.1
Receiver has no alarms.
Framing is ESF, Line Code is B8ZS, Current clock source is line,
Fraction has 24 timeslots (64 Kbits/sec each), Net bandwidth is 1536
Kbits/sec.
Last module self-test (done 3d23): Passed
Last clearing of alarm counters 3d23
    loss of signal        :    4, last occurred 6:11:58
    loss of frame         :    6, last occurred 6:11:58
    AIS alarm             :    0,
    Remote alarm          :    0,
    Module access errors  :    0,
Total Data (last 96 15 minute intervals):
    109158 Line Code Violations, 204 Path Code Violations
    6 Slip Secs, 10 Fr Loss Secs, 60 Line Err Secs, 4 Degraded Mins
    60 Errored Secs, 14 Bursty Err Secs, 10 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail
Secs
Data in current interval (854 seconds elapsed):
    0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations
    0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins
    0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs

At  Cisco's web site, it says:
|--------------+------------------------------------------------------|
| Line Code    | Indicates the occurrence of either a bipolar         |
| Violations   | violation or excessive zeroes error event.           |

,which doesn't help much. The T1 connection goes bad at least once in every
month.

My question is
1. What is the line code violation ?
2. What can cause this problem?