You can build your access lists without specifying hosts by using "any" as
source & destination addresses and specify the ports for FTP & IRC.
Web-based chats may be difficult to control, and people use buddy-list
programs to chat as well. If you want to stop those, you'll have to find out
the ports they use and block those. Don't forget the implicit "Deny All"
that's taken for granted with each access list, so after blocking those
ports you'll have to insert an allow all statement as well.

Hope this helps. Refer to IOS documentation for the exact syntax.

Bharat