Yes... I've realized that I am happier and a larger value add to what i do
by being the exception other than the rule; i.e. a manger that is able to
speak on a technical level, yet respect my engineers enough to give them the
leeway they need and deserve. I am thus able to have a better repore with
engineers than almost any other manager and am able to be uniquely
effective. I recognize my stregnths, I am an above average engineer but not
truly a natural... management comes more easily to me and i seem to be
better at it.
Not nucking futz, just aware that everyone has to evaluate where they are
valuable.
qm