Can you tell me if this (see diagram below) can be implemented, and will it
work right for BGP load balancing, redundancy, etc.?

It's 2xCatalyst6509s, each with 2 MSFCs (supervisor with router built in),
and each with 1 flexwan module (like a 7500 port adapter, with a serial
interface for T1).  Each 6509 connects to a pix.  The pixes are configured
for failover.  Since the pix can only have one default route, I figure I
need HSRP.  Configure static route on MSFC with pix as next hop.  But the
traffic will only go through the top catalyst as a result (bottom catalyst
is the backup).  Note that there is 1 unique IP address per interface per
MSFC card (see diagram).  Someone said I needed that.  I thought the 2 MSFCs
in 1 box could have the same IP on the interface; that same person said no.
Vlan 100 is the external vlan.  Vlan 50 connects the 2 "routers" together,
for the IBGP.  I'm a bit squirrely on this vlan 50 thing with the IBGP.  Is
that ok?  Do I need the vlan 50, or should I remove it and have the IBGP go
through Vlan 100?  That same person said I can get rid of vlan 50.  I figure
even if the traffic all goes to the top catalyst6509, I can still get the
BGP to load balance.  What do you think about all of this?

- Jennifer Mellone

               vlan100                                     T1
pix 1 (10.1)----------(10.2,10.4)catalyst6509w/2-msfcs(30.1)------ISPA
|                     |             (20.2,20.4)
|failover             |hsrp 10.6     |hsrp 20.1
|                     |vlan100       |vlan50-IBGP
|                     |             (20.3,20.5)            T1
pix 2 (10.1)----------(10.3,10.5)catalyst6509w/2-msfcs(40.1)------ISPB
               vlan100