On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Frank Kim wrote:

> Since we're talking about 4000's, how can we distinguise it from a 4000,
> 4000m, 4500, or 4700?  They all look the same.  Also, unlike the 2500
> series, they don't tell you the sub model from the back.

Inside, they definitly look different.  Here is a chart:

 Router        sh ver        Serial Number     Label

 4000          Rev A0          440xxxxx        C4000

 4000M         Rev B0          445xxxxx        C4000

 4500          revision 0x00   450xxxxx        C4500

 4500M         revision B      455xxxxx        C4500

 4700          revision B      470xxxxx        C4700

 4700M         revision C      475xxxxx        C4700M+