From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Andy Walden
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 10:43 AM
To: Pierre-Alex
Cc: Cisco
Subject: Re: Clock Rate Wire Rate Bandwidth

> 0. How do you choose the clock rate on an serial interface?

clock rate 64000 for instance. the clock rate is only configured on the
dce.

> 1. What is the relationship (if any) between the wire rate and the clock
> rate?

the clock rate is the number of bits that can be transmitted in a
second. this equals your bandwidth.

> 2. What is the relationship if any between the clock rate and the
bandwidth?

same as above.

> 3. How could clock rate speed be "gentle on cables"? (See archive bellow)

I have no idea what he means by gentle on the calbes unless he was using
old cat-3 that was error prone. the running less traffic for debugs makes
sense as you as a human can only process so much intelligently.

andy