The local director is a bridge - so the frames will be bridged to the
front vlan.

just don't have a routed interface in the backend vlan for those
load-balanced devices to use as a default route.

Also, you can not have devices in back of the LD connect to VIP (virtual
IP's in front) If you need this then use multiple back-end interfaces.

HTH

-kirk