Fast switching definitely has the problem you refer to. Fast switching
offers per-destination load-sharing. Since the router caches information on
how to forward traffic to a destination, all traffic to that destination
exits the same interface.

One of the goals of CEF was to overcome this problem. I can't remember the
details, but I think you can do more precise load-balancing with CEF. I'll
see if I can dig up more details and get back to you. Or maybe some other
folks who use CEF can chime in.

Priscilla