One useful command is:

        show port capabilities

Tells what each port is capable of doing.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
John Biel
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2000 8:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: 4000 catalyst, where isl

I have a 4006, but I have never found a way to do isl trunking as
the option simply is not available.
Below is the reply from the switch when trying to trunk on module 2
(WS-X4418) which is comprised of 18 gigabit ethernet ports

C4006> (enable) set trunk 2/18 ?
     (mode)                    Trunk mode (on,off,desirable,auto,
nonegotiate)
     (type)                      Trunk type (dot1q)
     (vlan)                       VLAN number

Note the lack of an option other than dot1q at Trunk type.

The reply is the same on the other modules (WS-X4013, WS-X4232-L3,
WS-X4232-RJ-XX)

If I'm missing something please let me know.

John