This message never made it through so after several people asking me how I
did I decided to repost it.
-- Joey
Below is the message I sent yesterday. BTW when I said I used 3 things, I
meant I used 3 things to study for the exam. Without breaking the NDA, the
first 5 questions were on my worst subject, I had a 25% section score on it.
Knowing Multicast and spanning tree saved me. I passed with a score of 759.
I things it is one of the lowest scores I've ever received but oh well. As
expected I did poorly on troubleshooting - 40%. Everything else was closer
to par.
I keep a running tab when I take a test. I have a column with "yes I know
that answer" and "maybe" and another for " No way " 10% were now ways with
40/40 split on the maybes. In my opinion I the test should be harder. I did
have some duplicate questions, but I've heard a lot of people say the test
was ambiguously worded. I have to disagree. I had some questions where the
first 2 times I read a question I thought that not enough information was
given to come of with an answer or there seemed to be more than one answer.
But you'll find if you reread the question it will hit you what they are
looking for. About half-way through I was running behind on time, but I hit
a batch of easier questions so that by the end of the test I had 16 minutes
to spare. I knew that I didn't pass. I was wrong.
While I used the CiscoPress book to study I found it hard to concentrate, it
wasn't not written to keep your attention. As Joe Friday would say " Just
the facts maam ". After reviewing the areas I did poorly in I'll be going on
to study for BSCN. I really wish they had made the switching exam harder as
it would set a higher standard for people to achieve it. Just my 2 Cents. I
hope this helps others looking to test. I won't review what needs to be
studied since most others have already mentioned what really needs to be
learned.
Joey