Just wanted to thank you all for your assistance on my pathway to CCNP.  I
have been in the IT industry for the last 5 years, but only started pursuing
certifications over the last year or so.  First came the MCSE, the CCNA, and
then the CCDA.  Over the last 6 months I transfered out to Chicago from LA,
and found myself low man on the totem pole with the NOC here.  I worked the
Midnight to 10AM shift 4 nights a week, so I was able to get in some solid
study time.  Well, I am off the night shift now, and the CCNP is complete.
Here are some of the things I did to help me get my CCNP, and maybe they
will help someone else out there.

I usually would read the book from front to cover first.  Then I would read
the book a second time, but this time disecting it.  If there was something
I didn't understand, or would not easily remember, I would put it on a flash
card.  I would then go through the questions in the book.  If I missed a
question, I would put it on a flash card for later review.  A few days
before the test, I would go through the flash cards, and glance at the books
for any things I may of missed.  I usually will remember something if I keep
doing it over and over again...the flash cards were a big help on
remembering some of the commands that pop up on the test.

These are the books I read:
--
Switching - EXAM CRAM (ISBN 1-57610-634-9)
Switching - SYBEX (ISBN: 0782127118)

Remote Access - EXAM CRAM (ISBN: 1576104370)
Remote Access - SYBEX (ISBN: 078212710X)

Routing - EXAM CRAM (ISBN: 1576106330)
Internetworking Technologies Handbook - Cisco Press (ISBN: 1587050013)
Advanced Cisco Router Configuration - Cisco Press (ISBN: 1578700744)

Support - Sybex (ISBN: 0782127134)
--

I was fortunate to have a practive lab, as well as some exposure to larger
clients at the data center.  This was a big help in passing the tests as

Thanks again-
Glenn Allison, CCNP, MCSE, CCDA