From: Edward Gomez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2000 8:30 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Access List/EIGRP Problem

Hi everybody,

I am having an issue with the following access list. I am trying to put an
ACL on my frame router that can limit which network inside my company a
partner
can access. I basically want any traffic coming from 192.168.50.0 to be able
to go to 192.168.5.0. When I apply the access list nothing gets through.
If I ping a remote address I get a TTL expired in transit. I am running
EIGRP between the routers. Do I need to have an access list that allows
access to the LAN side for EIGRP updates? or is this done via the WAN port?
What am I doing wrong here??

ip access-list extended FrameInbound
deny   ip host 0.0.0.0 any
permit ip 192.168.50.0 0.0.0.255 192.168.5.0 0.0.0.255

I have also tried: permit ip 192.168.50.0 0.0.0.255 host 192.168.5.0 and
that did not work either.

Thanks in advance!!!

Eddie
Edward J. Gomez, MCSE, CNE, CCNA