I am currently having the same problem right now with a 3640 trunking to a FE card in
a 2912MF. If you change to dotq do you see runt packets?  The router interface does
not collect errors of any kind.  TAC just sent me a new 2912.  I will let you know if
I find anything.

Chuck Collins
CCNP

Your post isn't very clear as to exactly where you are seeing CRC errors -
is it just on the switch ports?  Or is it on the router as well?

I've been having a similar problem with a Catalyst 1900.  Its got a port
that reported a LOT of CRC and aligmnent errors.  Absolutely abysmal file
transfer rates (if the files were able to be transferred at all). I swapped
cables between the PC and the switch port - no change in the error rates.
The NIC was definitely set to 10 Mbps half-duplex operation (as was the
switch port) so it wasn't a case of duplex or speed mismatch.  I unplugged
the PC from the switch port, bypassed the switch plugging the PC directly to
a 3COM hub--the file transfer performance of the PC increased dramatically.
That was with a bare-bones switch configuration - no trunking, no
configuration of VLANs.

The switch doesn't show any problems during the POST with any of its
hardware...  Other ports seem to be fine (but I haven't had time to test
every port on the switch).

In your case, two options come to mind:

1.  See if you've got bad ports that are not being reported by the switch
diagnostics.  Select ports on your switch that you are not receiving CRC
errors on - reconfigure the switch to use those ports as trunk ports (and
move your server to a port other than port 23).  See if your problem
disappears...

2.  If you've got a service contract, ask Cisco to send replacement hardware
and let them figure out the problem.