To my knowledge, if both devices are ISL capable, it will NOT produce a CRC
error- even though
the packet size is above 1500 bytes.  It's smart enough to know why :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony van Ree [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2000 3:19 PM
To: Rick Thompson; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: trunking problem

Hi,

I'm not sure if this helps but running ISL on the trunk ports increases the
the packet size beyond 1500 bytes.  This can produce a CRC error.  Whilst
the error exists however the data still goes through ok.

You can check this by doing an extended ping and lifting the packet size to
beyond 1486 bytes.

Teunis,
Hobart, Tasmania
Australia