From: Bruce Williams [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 12:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: 56K vs 64K

On a T1 line what is the difference between 56K and 64K. If I am correct
believe that 56K uses bit stuffing to stuff the 8th bit of every
timeslot
with a 1 to fulfill the ones density requirement. However, this would
not be
necessary with B8ZS line coding, right because B8ZS will not allow 8
consecutive zeroes anyway. Now if that is true, why would you use 56K on
B8ZS coded T1 circuit and if those timeslots are cross-connected to a
64K
line or vice versa, wont that cause errors because the two clock rates
are
expecting different things in the 8th bit. I would appreciate any
comments
at all on this subject.

--
Bruce Williams