First thought is that the 2900 and the other switches are not agreeing on
speed and duplex. If one thinks half duplex and the other full duplex there
is a problem. Hard configure the desired values.

The following is a wild guess. It would seem that the Cisco could put
something on the wire that the other switch doesn't understand. The other
switch should just ignore it. Anyway ... I'm assuming that the layer 4-7
switches are not Cisco. The following proprietary protocols are used in
Cisco switches. See if you can turn them off in the 2900.

DISL (Dynamic ISL) using a destination address of 01-00-0C-CC-CC-CC with a
SNAP value of 0x2004
PVST+ (Per VLAN Spanning Tree Plus) destination address of 01-00-0C-CC-CC-CD
PAgP (Port Aggregation Protocol) FastEtherChannel
DTP (Dynamic Trunk Protocol) updated version of DISL.