From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of John
lay
Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2000 6:51 AM
To: Priscilla Oppenheimer; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Confused (was Re: is this statement true ??)

Priscilla, everybody,

I am confused. Ethernet and FastEthernet uses the CSMA/CD as a channel
allocation techinque in a shared media access envoiroment.
Here it comes the confusion, when you are saying that the Full-duplex does
not support CSMA/CD because the transmit and receive are on different wires.
This implies that in this case there is no shared media, how come if  you
have two clients competing to talk to the  same server simultaneously....!!

Thanx