Any idea what exactly these ports are used for?  I know they are for cft-0
and cft-1.  What is CFT?  All the RFC gives me is a name and number (no
descriptions), but as it is Christmas I wont call this number untill in the
New Year - I am just curious in the meantime so if anyone knows the answer I
would appreciate it.

I am asking as I have just started reading on the subject of security, and a
port-scan of the network shows a lot of machines with these 2 ports
active...

Keith ;-)