Wondering if someone could quickly answer possibly an extremely simple
question.  I haven't had the time to look into this enough so any help is
greatly appreciated.

I have a couple of 2502 routers I just bought for my lab and was wondering
why the flash is configured as follows:

8192K bytes of processor board System flash partition 1 (Read ONLY)
8192K bytes of processor board System flash partition 2 (Read/Write)

I remember see something about partitioning the flash but can't fully recall
it now.  The routers have 2 slots for flash and both are filled (I assume
(2) 8s).  My question is can I remove both flash partition and repartition
as 16MB of Read/Write?  These routers where sold as 16MB memory and 8MB
flash - is there actually 16MB of usable flash?

Again any help is sincerely appreciated.

Jeffrey M. Anderson
MCSE / MCSE+I / CCNA
SAFECO System Support Unit
[EMAIL PROTECTED]