It certainly sounds like Hyperterminal settings need to be changed. Some
people fiddle with the config-register on their routers and end up changing
the baud rate (to 2400, 4800, etc.)

Word to the wise, though... if you change your baud rate in HYPERTERMINAL
then you have to 'disconnect' and 're-connect' for the settings to take
effect. Simply changing the baud rate didn't fix the communications problem
until I did the disconnect/re-connect.

Paul