From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Sam LI
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 3:54 AM
To: Donald B Johnson Jr; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ccie lab

Folks
I agree that no one is willing want to put ccie 102400 on their name card.
Let me tell you how do the management level look at ccie, at the very
begining when
cisco launch ccie, every one is very very crazy about ccie, engineers and
vendor,
as far as engineer concern, they can ask more, for sure. The companywise,
the more ccie
we get, the more discount we get. What happen nowaday, if you are ccie,
that's great,
if you are not, it is fine with us. We need someone who is able to perform
and work,
not BS. A lot of my friends on passing thier ccie, they don;t want to work
as engineer any more,
or even don;t want to work in the cisco enviroment, and they want more, $
and position.
"manager" is the entry level for them. Right before, i leave
my previous company, I have interview a lot of ccXXs. Most of them don't
desire the CCxx title.
This is not hard to understand this, hunderds and thousands of "21 days
became ccxx" books
study materials out there, as long as you can affort few weeks off and a
couple of thouand $ on
buying these books, you can be one of them.
It is a chellenge if you became one of the CCxx.
Sam