Hi,

Sorry if I said it wrong.
Passwords make what you like (as long as it is valid).

Usernames however should be Alphanumeric and I think you will find with the 1st
character Alpha is the recommended.  Using non Alphanumeric characters in Usernames
can cause wierd errors.  Microsofts use of Underscores for example causes some DNS
servers to gernerate huge numbers of error messages creating unnecessary issues.

The use of upper and lower cases (Upper Microsoft preferred lower Unix) can cause all
sorts of issues.

For example a username Gof0rIt at the username statement becomes gof0rit at the dialer
map easy done.  The remote end will login and authenticate just fine.  No data however
will be forwarded.
 (BAD CONFIGS)

Conversion of an NT server to Linux server.  Uppercase password in NT usually finishes
up lower case somewhere in the Linux.  Authentication ok.  No data transfer takes
place.

I see this a lot.  That's why I put the comment there.  Spending time on little things
that can be avoided is most of my day.

Teunis,
Hobart, Tasmania
Australia

An open mind is the number one requirement in becoming a good trouble-shooter and I
won't have it any other way.

www.tasmail.com