Not to mention that many radio stations have their own services, and don't
go through broadcast.com

Not to mention that there are business based services that use broadcast.com
as well. You take the bad with the good, so to speak.

I keep coming back to the issue of policy and policy enforcement. I don't
believe it is possible to continue to rely upon manual configuration of
access lists to enforce policy. If there is a severe issue, or a good
business reason to limit internet access and usage, then I believe one
should look into third party server based solutions such as web secure.
There are other products as well, but for some reason web secure is the only
one I can  remember.

These products have created and maintain policy lists, making it easier to
block pornography, brokerage, radio stations, just about anything you can
imagine. They also allow you to add your own criteria, so that if you have a
researcher who truly does need to listen to the radio or monitor
thestreet.com you can permit that one user to do so while blocking everyone
else. ( handy for currying favor with the boss, I suppose )

What you are suggesting is essentially treating the symptom, and not the
disease. In an ideal world, there would be a written acceptable use policy,
signed by management, and incorporated into the employee handbook. Then the
tech staff would initiate the appropriate fixes based upon that policy.

Everyone should also be aware that app developers, both good and evil, are
now beginning to use protocol tunneling as a means of evading corporate site
and port based policies. It won't be too long before everything comes across
as port 80 traffic, and your port filtering will be useless.

Chuck