We use Little Brother software.  It runs on an NT server and can monitor
and/or filter traffic based on specific sites, categories of sites or by
netbios name on the workstation so if you don't want billybob listening to
music but the president cant live without it, you can get the job done.

We implemented it about three months ago and got back nearly half our
Internet bandwidth.

-d
""Kathy Miihalisko"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> Very well put! Remember how, a few years ago, the Push technology had us
all
> screaming about bandwidth robbery. In our case the first albeit not only
> step was to update the company network policy to prohibit its use. But
with
> increased services and snoops on the Internet, things are even more
> complicated now. Just doing a simple -netstat on a PC reveals all kinds of
> mysterious activity. This morning I found an electronic bill-paying
service
> which I've never heard of opening a TCP connection to my machine. Freaked
me
> out.
>
> Chuck's right, there are good 3-party tools if your org. can afford them.
If