If you want 16MB of flash, you have to erase the second flash partition and
merge the two 8MB flash modules.  First, set up your tftp server and make a
back up copy (it's always nice to be able to go back if you need to).

copy flash tftp  (follow the prompts - enter the info requested)

Commands to merge flash partitions:

enable
config terminal
no partition flash (It will ask you if you want to erase the second
partition.  Confirm this.)
sh ver (you'll see 16,384 --or close--  system flash)

That's it - Your flash partitions will merge into one and you will have 16
MB flash.  And Life Is Good!

-Eddie