Hi all,

Here I am sitting a work thinking just how simple it is to look after dial-up services.

I have a person that calls into a router, connects, authenticates all seems fine.
When I ping him I lose pings between the access router and the client.  He connects a
48K I have had him remove compression and error correction from the modem this stops
him dropping.

OK. the fault seems to be on the line at his end I have some 200+ other dialups into
the access router with no worries.  I have the line checked out the tests come up
fine.  What's more the same person can dial into another service using the same
equipment at his end but different equipment at the service provider end and all is
fine I am assured.

My next thing is to move the service to another access router only to find the problem
is still there.

He is the only one having trouble yet we seem to be the onlyones having trouble with
him.

EASY ISN'T IT.  If it wasn't for little things like this I'd be unemployable.

Teunis
Hobart, Tasmania
Australia

--