As someone that ran a dialup ISP for a number of years I have learned that
sometimes you just need to refer them to the competition. Don't get me
wrong. We usually would schedule a tech to head out and give it his best,
but if he couldn't rattle something loose we would assume it was just a
fluke between switching offices. Sometimes it simply does not work...

andy