Hey Group,
     Just for the sake of topics and answers, here's one for ya. I'm cramming
for my remote access and hit the big boy...Frame Relay. I'm bringing up the
FECNs & BECNs topic here. I understand what they are and how they are used
and all that good stuff. The book says that when there is congestion on the
line from point A to point B, the frame switch in between will send out BECNs
to the sender (A) and also FECNs to the receiver (B) of the data being sent.
Fine, no problem right. Here's my question, and I know I'm just bringing this
up to argue but what the hell. Why does the frame switch send FECNs to the
receiver telling him that that sender is sending too much??? This is my
analogy...There's a production line in a car factory, if the first station
was creating parts too fast for the second station to handle, you wouldn't
see the site manager (frame switch) go out and tell the guy at the second
station that there was a problem...he didn't do anything wrong right? I would
imagine the manager just yells at the first station. Basically, why does the
frame switch have to send FECNs to the receiver. I can understand the BECNs.
It just seems like the receiver is getting a warning for being bad when it
was all the senders fault. This may sound childish to some but I'm trying to
write it so it's simple. Just thought I'd rant a bit and bring out some
answers or opinions. Thanks group,

Mark Zabludovsky ~ CCNA, CCDA, 1/2-NP
<A HREF="mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]">[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>

     "Even if I knew I had only 1 more week to live, I would still schedule
my CCIE lab. I would just have to work a little harder I guess. After all,
without any goals in life, I'm dead already."
                                           ~Mark Zabludovsky~