Dear OSPF gurus:

I am probably missing a very basic point here as I am somewhat new to
OSPF.  I have been debugging ospf adjacency, ospf events, ospf flood
plus some others.  After routers become adjacent, the flooding process
starts.  What I have noticed is that right after routers become
adjacent, they create a new router LSA and add one to the sequence
number. (The DR also sends out a network LSA.)

My question is this:  Does each router create this new instance of the
LSA to trigger the flooding process itself or is there some other reason

why a "new" LSA is created?  *Why not just send out the original LSA to
begin the flooding process?*  Doesn't sending out a new LSA cause
routers to recalculate their routing tables when, in fact, they just
calculated them moments ago when they became adjacent using the original

LSA?

I understand the need for the flooding process.  I don't understand the
need for a new LSA.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Chapin