Scott,
    After further study of the DR/BDR election process
on bcast networks I can confirm that an LSA is created
between the 2-way state and the EX-Start state, this
is a type 2 OSPF packet and is unicast from the DR to
the BDR.
    A second LSA is created after the FULL state, this
is a type 4 OSPF packet and is multicast to 224.0.0.5
i.e all OSPF routers to let them know that an
adjacency has been successfully formed.

HTH,

Phil.
Scott,