Hi, all. Long time no see.

I was studying CMTS 7300 series and got a problem on S/W. Bootstrap ver was
11.0 and I got configration made under IOS 12.0, then while booting it said
'Configuration under 12.0 can't be understood...'. Well, I thought I must
uprgade bootstrap ver but someone said it was hardware problem.

OK, networkers, I ask you these questions. What is bootstrap? How can I
upgrade bootstrap? Does it have something to do with IOS versrion? If I
upgarde IOS to 12.0 then there might be no such messages?

And one more thing - If I have flash card in slot0 with 11.0 and same card
in slot1 with 12.0 and boot up the machine, then it reads only 11.0, right?

Thanks in advance!