I am not knowledgeable at all on cmts 7300 series, but as far as bootstrap, I
think I can explain it, but you should probably get another opinion on this.

bootstrap options are boot system commands that specify the fallback sequence
for booting cisco ios sw.  Usually, they are in the following order:  flash
memory, network server, and then rom. If one option fails, it automatically
goes to the next and so on.

That's all I know about this.

Jennifer

Max Rion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Hi, all. Long time no see.
>
> I was studying CMTS 7300 series and got a problem on S/W. Bootstrap ver was
> 11.0 and I got configration made under IOS 12.0, then while booting it said
> \'Configuration under 12.0 can\'t be understood...\'. Well, I thought I
must
> uprgade bootstrap ver but someone said it was hardware problem.
>
> OK, networkers, I ask you these questions. What is bootstrap? How can I
> upgrade bootstrap? Does it have something to do with IOS versrion? If I
> upgarde IOS to 12.0 then there might be no such messages?
>
> And one more thing - If I have flash card in slot0 with 11.0 and same card
> in slot1 with 12.0 and boot up the machine, then it reads only 11.0, right?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Have a good day!!!
Jennifer Cribbs